Registration is OPEN
For Players Born In the Years 2016, 2017 and 2018
GRASSROOTS IS A VOLUNTEER PROGRAM, VOLUNTEER COACHES AND FIELD SUPERVISORS WILL BE NEEDED
Registration: CLICK TO REGISTER
Start Date: March 11th, 2022
End Date: Friday – May 13th, 2022
Session Day and Time: Fridays, 6:00 – 6:45 PM
- Fremont Central Park
- Leitch Elementary
- Field Map – Fridays Leitch Field Map – Mini-Megs
COVID-19 Protocols (Subject to change as CDC and local guidelines change):
- All players must complete a Health Check on the Team Snap Mobile app before the training session.
- All players must bring their own soccer ball, and water bottle. There is to be no sharing.
- All player must have with them hand sanitizer to apply before the training session.
You Will Need the Following:
- Suitable Athletic Shoes (cleats are optional)
- Shin Pads (optional)
- Soccer Ball, Size 3
- Fremont YSC Uniform – Click Here to Order
- All players must wear the Fremont YSC uniform to all practices.
Player Welcome Meeting & Coach Education
Location: Zoom Online Meetings
Parent Engagement Workshop: TBA
Coach Education: TBA
Group Size: Maximum of 12 players per training pool, pools are created to have players in groups of similar birth ranges, identified by the birth month of the player.
Session Structure: The “Mini-Megs” Program is a way for players to have fun and find their love of the sport. Players take part in fun, age-appropriate soccer, and motor skill activities. At this age, a player’s imagination can run wild, some of the activity and session topics are “Pirates”, “Cars”, “Jungle Animals” etc. Each week players will use their imagination to transform into the week’s session topic. “Pirates” will steer their pirate ship (Dribble their Soccer Ball) along one of the 7 seas, (Soccer Field). Coaches and Volunteers make each session as fun and energetic as possible, so each player goes home with the best soccer experience.
Contact Person for Age Group: Dai Redwood at firstname.lastname@example.org