2023/24 Season – Players Born 2017 and 2016
The Training Pool is for players who are looking to develop their soccer skills through receiving professional coaching from one of the Fremont YSC Professional Staff coaches. The program follows an age specific curriculum, and it’s a great introductory to Competitive Soccer. Players are placed in to pools of players, and the program is an environment where coaches can control the conditions, to greatly enhance the development of the player and to put them on to the correct path of skill development. Players of this age are in the Foundation Learning Phase, where focus is placed on the individuals comfort to have the ball in possession, prioritizing the linear progressions of fast feet, ball manipulation, and individual technical 1v1 actions. In addition to the 1v1, players will be introduced to the individual actions of passing and shooting, being involved in activities which requires repeated actions in 1v1, 2v1, and 2v2 situations.
Fremont YSC Training Pool (U7 to U8)
• Professionally coached
• Session design around play, activities support long term deeper learning through learning in context while in smaller numbers, with free play in small sided games.
• Develop social skills, technical skills, and physical well being
• Emphasis on fun, love of the game, mass participation, creative thinking, problem solving, technical development
• Freedom to express themselves in practice in a controlled environment with a qualified professional coach
• Age appropriate curriculum’s using the coaching methodology of skill acquisition through play in small numbers (1v1 to 3v3), accompanied with small sided games to encourage free play and creativity
• Open mindset development, appreciating mistakes will happen and using this as an opportunity to learn. The psychological aspect to coaching has a positive effect on the individual in all aspects of their life, by creating an intrinsic motivation to self-improvement
Session Days – Mondays and Thursdays
Session Times – 4.30pm to 5.50pm
Session Location – Central Park Soccer Complex (Monday), Irvington Community Park (Thursday)
Please contact Travis Cabral if you are interested in registering in the Training Pool, firstname.lastname@example.org