BECOME A YOUTH SOCCER REFEREE
NEW COURSES THROUGHOUT CALIFORNIA – https://learning.ussoccer.com/referee/courses/available/6/course-info
US Soccer have a new structure for referee classes, with the majority of the education now taking place online, with 1 practical session following the completion of the online modules. Above you will find a link to Grassroots courses throughout California, with any Fremont YSC hosted course information below. A new referee can register for a course at any location, and sign up to referee in multiple playing leagues.
Fremont YSC Hosted Course:
- Wednesday, July 27th, Central Park Soccer Complex
- 5.30pm to 8.30pm
- Please arrive 15 min early to check in. Bring, water, running shoes, and athletic attire.
JOINING THE FREMONT REFEREES
Once you have completed your Grassroots referee course, you can now sign up to officiate within Fremont YSC and other playing leagues. You will be able to assign yourself to games, following the schedule as posted in GameOfficials. The steps below will direct you on how to sign up and get on the Assignors list so you can start officiating games. If you need any assistance with this, please reach out to the two contacts below.
- Director of Officiating: Yesenia Medina firstname.lastname@example.org
- Game Assignor: Biniam Mitiku email@example.com
HAVE a Game Officials account –
- Go to www.gameofficials.net
- Log In
- Go to Personal Info > My Assignors
- On the My Assignors page, click Show for Join New Group
- Enter the Group Number and Group Access Code
- Click, ‘Join Group’
DO NOT HAVE a Game Officials account –
- Go to www.gameofficials.net/public/newOfficialConfirm.cfm
- Enter the Group Number and Access Code
- Fremont YSC Group Number: 1282
- Access Code: FSRA2013
REFEREE BONUS SYSTEM
Fremont YSC releases funds bi-weekly, on Fridays.
Tournament pay can take 7 – 10 days to clear while post game notes are updated, but we will do our best to get payment to you as sooner if possible.
All Referees are required to have a W-9 form on file with the club in order to get paid. The good news is if you received year-end tax information from Fremont YSC in the past your W-9 is already on file. If you are new to Fremont YSC (or have never submitted a W9 form), please complete the attached W-9 form and send it to the club address below.
If you don’t have a W-9 on file, you will see the following status message when GOPay processes your first payment “Admin Hold (No Tax Info On File)”. If you get the ‘Admin Hold’ status message, fill out the W-9 form (https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf) and send it the address below.
44100, Old Warm Springs Blvd,
Fremont, CA 94538
Send W9 to firstname.lastname@example.org
General Questions Email Yesenia Medina email@example.com
- Game Officials: https://www.gameofficials.net/login.cfm
- California North Referee Administration (CNRA): https://www.cnra.net/
- US Soccer Referee Program: https://www.ussoccer.com/referee-program
- IFAB Laws of the Game: https://theifab.com/laws
- FIFA Refereeing: https://www.fifa.com/what-we-do/education-and-technical/referees/
- NorCal Referee Page – http://www.norcalreferees.com/
- Fremont YSC Recreation Rule Book: Recreation Game Day Handbook – Referees