For Players Born in the Years 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
This is a volunteer based program, volunteer coaches will be needed. If you would like to volunteer and share in the joy of your child’s soccer experience then please contact Fremont YSC at the email below.
Registration: $150 Click Here To Register
Start Date: Tuesday – August 24th
End Date: Saturday – November 6th, 2021
Session Day and Time (s): Tuesdays – 6.00 – 7.00PM / Wednesdays – 6:00 – 7:00 PM / Saturday – 9:00 – 10:00 AM
First Game Day: September 11th
We offer multiple Fremont training locations that enable you to train closer to your school/home. Select your preferred location during the online registration process. The locations are as follows;
- Centerville Jnr High (North)
- Irvington High School (West)
- Hopkins Jnr High (East)
- TBD (South)
* All Wednesday sessions will take place at Central Park Soccer Complex.
* Coaches will have the final decision on practice location at one of the locations mentioned above. Pending roster numbers so teams may need to merge, and depending on volunteer, the location may differ to your preferred location.
Games: All games will be played at Hopkins Junior High
COVID-19 Protocols (Subject to change as CDC and local guidelines change):
- All players must complete a Health Check on the Team Snap Mobile app before the training session.
- All players must bring their own soccer ball, and water bottle. There is to be no sharing.
- All player must have with them hand sanitizer to apply before the training session.
You Will Need the Following:
- Soccer Cleats
- Shin Pads
- Size 5 Ball
- Fremont YSC Uniform – Click Here to Order
- All players must wear the Fremont YSC uniform to all practices and games.
Player Welcome Meeting & Coach Education
Location: Zoom Online Meetings
Parent Engagement Workshop: TBA
Coach Education: TBA
Group Size: Maximum of 16 players per team, teams are created to have players in a close geographical location representing one of the five Fremont Districts. Players may be assigned to a different District based on roster size and availability of places.
Session Structure: Players will have one training session with their volunteer coach/coaches, where they will practice soccer fundamentals through a small sided game set up, where challenges and targets are placed on the game to encourage learning of one of the soccer fundamentals per session. This practice methodology is also know as ‘Coaching in the Game’. Every Wednesday session will be a free play session, it is encouraged for an age group practice with all players involved in 4v4 scrimmages. Fremont YSC club philosophy is for improving the individual player over team development, and encouraging players to be creative and to love what they do.
Small Sided Games: This is the Wednesday session. This set up encourages more opportunities for players to take on defenders in 1v1 situations, have more attempts at goal scoring opportunities, and get significantly more touches on the ball. At the same time this will also encourage an environment of belonging to a club, rather than an individual team, and will continue to develop the individuals social skills by interacting and meeting with new people each week.
Contact Person for Age Group: Rey Nagaoka at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want full-time professional coaching then please contact Dai Redwood to discuss the competitive program. email@example.com
The Benefits of Small Sided Games – Manchester United 4v4 Program